[Asterisk-Users] iconnect 480 unavailable msgs

David J Carter david.carter at codepipe.com
Sat Dec 20 09:44:25 MST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of vocalvoip
Sent: 20 December 2003 16:14
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] iconnect 480 unavailable msgs

Hi guys

i signed up to iconnect a few hours ago to try do some cool stuff. but im
having a few problems. Im running asterisk and xp/xlite softphone.. both xp
box and asterisk box are on public ips.
The problem is that when i ring anyone in the world it'll ring they'll
pickup and i can hear them 100% perfectly/clearly.. but they cant hear me..
occasionaly they can hear something like a tiny bit of a word once in a
while. im getting the error msgs back
 Got SIP response 480 "Temporarily not available" back from 213.137.73.176..

i had a look on google and aparantly if you change the codec it fixed it or
something.. i tried all of them nothing seemed to work.  heres a copy of my
sip.conf

[iconnect]
type=friend
username=xxxxxxxx
secret=xxxx
host=sipauth.deltathree.com
qualify=1000
callerid="1111178197026"
allow=g721.1
and for the xlite

[2001]

type=friend
callerid="JUSTIN XLITE" <2001>
username=2001
secret=2001
context=-phones  Should this have the - in the before phones?
mailbox=2001
host=dynamic
nat=no
qualify=yes
allow=9721.1	Should this not be g721.1?
Or should it be G723.1

ive been playing around with the nat settings to just incase... alltho
neither box's are using nat. Any oneknow how i go about fixing this ? would
be cool if ppl could hear me to on the phone heh :)

thanks heaps