[Asterisk-Users] G729 question

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 19 06:43:45 MST 2003

My understanding is that if the codec type matches on each leg of the
call then
Asterisk is using "pass through".  The PBX simply has to relay the RTP
packets
unchanged from one device to another.  If you are going from a phone using
codec tupe A to codec type B, Asterisk must perform a conversion which
requires
support for both codecs.