[Asterisk-Users] Headless Linux system for Asterisk

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Thu Dec 18 15:27:19 MST 2003

Michael Welter <> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience running Linux/Asterisk without a monitor?
> What, if any, are the issues?

Most of my Linux boxes are sans-monitor.  I highly recommend it.  Just
be sure SSH works well and you haven't firewalled your admin workstation
from being able to communicate (not that I speak from experience, he he,
<blush>).

Some computers have to have a keyboard to boot.  Others are a little
more sane.  YMMV

Good luck, and I hope your server can breathe.

David Gomillion