[Asterisk-Users] Zaprtc compile error - virtual device for conferencing

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Dec 18 08:16:36 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kannaiyan Natesan" <nkans at lycos.co.uk>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 9:52 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Zaprtc compile error - virtual device for
conferencing

> Hi,
>
>    I don't have a zaptel device for conferencing.
>    I read from the lists, that
>
>       ztdummy and zaprtc need to be installed to get conferencing.
>
>     I could able to compile successfully with ztdummy and when i receive
the
> call it says,
>
>       -- Goto (13732,s,1)
>     -- Executing MeetMe("SIP/-08118800", "1234") in new stack
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found
> WARNING[245776]: File app_meetme.c, Line 162 (build_conf): Unable to open
> pseudo channel
>     -- Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en')
>
>     i read from the lists, that I need to install zaprtc to solve this
> problem.
>
>      when i try to compile zaprtc, which i got from
>
> http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/zaprtc.0.0.1.tar.gz
>
> It gives me the following error,
>
> zaprtc.c:1077: warning: implicit declaration of function `barrier'
> zaprtc.c:1078: warning: implicit declaration of function `cpu_relax'
> zaprtc.c: At top level:
> zaprtc.c:109: storage size of `rtc_irq_timer' isn't known
> zaprtc.c:719: storage size of `rtc_fops' isn't known
> zaprtc.c:107: warning: `DECLARE_WAIT_QUEUE_HEAD' declared `static' but
never
> defined
> make: *** [zaprtc.o] Error 1
>
> Can anyone please guide me how to compile zaprtc.

Did you modprobe ztdummy?
It should return nothing(successfully). Confirm that it is loaded with
lsmod.

You'll also need to put that line in an init script so that it gets loaded
into memory again when you reboot.

ztdummy and zaprtc serve the same purpose, but go about it different ways.
They both provide a timing source.
ztdummy uses info from the USB bus.
zaprtc uses the realtime clock of your pc.

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.