[Asterisk-Users] Any Ideas

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Dec 18 04:43:51 MST 2003

Hi!

> I need to come up with a solution that the user can place the caller on
> hold, the caller here MOH and the user hang the receiver up.  Just as if
> they hit, the hold button on the phone.  This can be done, using ADSI if
> need be.

What you are trying to do doesn't seem to make much sense. First of all
it sounds like you *really* want to do call parking. Secondly, if you
hang up, then what are you going to do with the caller? Why not right
away hang up on the caller - or do you want to collect phone fees from
him while having him listen to MOH indefinitely? :->

Here's one way to do it: Create an extension that looks like

exten => 333,1,Answer
exten => 333,2,MusicOnHold(default)

and then use # to transfer the caller to that extension. Unless you use
the manager interface (redirect) or some smart scripting/ dialplan layout
you won't be able to get back to that caller though. But you didn't say
that you need to do that. ;->

Cheers, Philipp