[Asterisk-Users] IAX quesitons please.

info at freecomm.9966.org info at freecomm.9966.org
Thu Dec 18 18:16:18 MST 2003

Hello,everyone,
     I encoutered some difficult with IAX when I run the asterisk.

<---->internet <--> asterisk + NAT <--> DIAX

my * box and NAT are at the same linux box which connecting to the internet using ADSL. The box has two network cards and two IP address,such as

public IP:211.11.11.11
private IP:192.168.1.10

the windows box running DIAX lies behind the NAT,it's IP is 192.168.1.12

the iax.conf like this:

[marko]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=marko
secret=moofoo
context=fromsip
auth=plaintext

the extensions.conf like this:

exten => 45678,1,Dial(IAX2/marko)

Question1:
I use the DIAX register to the *, if I set the server IP in the DIAX to 192.168.1.10,then it will OK, but if I set the server IP in the DIAX to 211.11.11.11, then I will fail to register. I have tried all version of DIAX and alway got the same result. Why?

Question2:
If I dial the IAX2 user registed to my * inside my NAT,it will success,but if I dial other IAX2 user registed to my * in the internet (not inside my NAT),I alway get the result:

  == Everyone is busy at this time

Any help will be apprecated. Sorry for my poot English.

Regards.

                              franc