[Asterisk-Users] 128 kbs satelite link

Patrick Cantwell pat at insomnia.org
Wed Dec 17 13:20:06 MST 2003

At one point I was tasked with investigating some sort of data link between
New York City and Cebu, Philippines.  We were interested in doing voice over
this link, and quickly learned that voice over satellite links is *not* very
usable.  We ended up with an international fractional T1 (and I was laid off
before the project was completed, so I can't tell you how it worked out!).

-Pat