[Asterisk-Users] broken pipe - * does not respond

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Tue Dec 16 21:38:50 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 00:57, Nicolas wrote:
> After a little investigation, I noticed that after each call on the CAPI
> server, two file Descriptor stays but the strange thing is what they are
> linked to:
>
> /proc/15118/fd> ls -l
> lr-x------    1 root     root           64 déc 17 04:50 25 -> pipe:[8022904]
> l-wx------    1 root     root           64 déc 17 04:50 26 -> pipe:[8022904]
> lr-x------    1 root     root           64 déc 17 04:50 35 -> pipe:[8025060]
> l-wx------    1 root     root           64 déc 17 04:50 36 -> pipe:[8025060]
>
> I left only two examples, I can notice that this is a pipe within
> asterisk that is not cleared but I don't have any knowlegde to look into
> the code for this type of error. Could someone give me an hint?

	Maybe to trace the bug, decrease the number of file descriptors with
ulimit or something and do a tail -f to the logs, probably * will start
to complain when open(3) returns an error.
	Anyway there must be something suspicious at the logs.
	If that particular open(3) wasn´t surrounded by the respective
if/fprintf to log an error strace is your friend.

--
Juanjo sin .sig