[Asterisk-Users] broken pipe - * does not respond

Nicolas b.nico at noos.fr
Tue Dec 16 20:45:14 MST 2003

Hi,
My release is the last one from the CVS, I get the same problem but with
a 4 BRI CAPI card (EICON DIVA SERVER 4BRI).
The number of file descriptor keeps growing with each call until the
system hangs.
Currently in my office I have two asterisk servers, one for a gateway
between 7960/SIP<->IAX and the other one IAX<->CAPI/BRI.
So: SIP<->IAX<->IAX<->CAPI

The strange thing is that only the second one(CAPI) crashes.
I tried this configuration of 2 servers to isolate this problem but with
no luck although it has lowered the frequency of crashes!

For instance in the log file:
Dec  8 10:46:52 WARNING[524306]: File channel.c, Line 289
(ast_channel_alloc): Alert pipe creation failed!

Dec  8 10:46:52 ERROR[524306]: File chan_capi.c, Line 1051 (capi_new):
Unable to allocate channel!

Dec  8 10:46:52 NOTICE[524306]: File app_dial.c, Line 502 (dial_exec):
Unable to create channel of type 'CAPI'

and it repeats many times until the caller stops trying or I restart the
server.

Yours sincerly
Nicolas