[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 using non standard port

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Tue Dec 16 17:56:23 MST 2003

I am working on a project where we must connect to the * server behind a firewall.  They can only open up port 80 udp.

I have managed to get IAX working fine by specifying the port=80 in the iax.conf file.  However I would like to get IAX2 working.

There was a recommendation in the list 13 SEP 2003:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-September/020560.html

I tried to change the IAX_DEFAULT_PORTNO in iax2.h to 80, but then the internal server also tried to talk to the external server on port 80.  Looks like IAX_DEFAULT_PORTNO sets both the origin and destination port numbers.

So, if I want the internal IAX2 service to listen on port 80 and I want to register with the external IAX2 server using the standard port, is there another change I need to make to the IAX2 code?

Thanks
--
********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838