[Asterisk-Users] command Authenticate

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 14:24:09 MST 2003

Hi folks,

Sorry to post bunch of messages today, I am deep into this and hope any help
from the experts.

I am using the command Authenticate as explained in wi-ki:

===================
Authenticate(password[|options])

Requires a user to enter a given password in order to continue execution. If
the password begins with the '/' character, it is interpreted as a file
which contains a list of valid passwords (1 per line).

An optional set of options may be provided by concatenating any of the
following letters:

a - Set account code to the password that is entered

=====================

exact statement in my extensions.conf is

exten => s,1,Authenticate(1234|abc)

So I get the voice prompt for the password, I send the digits, *
authenticate, and call goes through => all are happy.

Then I go to the CDR and I find the accountcode is logged as 1234. I would
expect it to be abc ?

If I do this, exten => s,1,Authenticate(1234|10) nothing get logged?

Is this the way it supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong here ?

Cheers

SW