[Asterisk-Users] iconnect incoming works, so what ...

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 12:31:11 MST 2003

Hi,

I would like to ask anyone, who use Iconnect incoming calls, receiving via a
context other than [general] to respond to this message. I challenge that
there is no way that we can do with current * code or the way SIP messages
are received from iconnect. No matter what you do, iconnect calls always
land in the general section. Best source of info out there, John Todds
example, sip.conf is also configured to receive iconnect calls through
general section. When I post here people would advise (appreciate), but I
would like to hear from any one who has their * sip.conf configured so that
iconnect calls find their context ?

Just to summarize, from Iconnect I get three parameters

1. Username (52671573)
2. Password (9876)
3. phone number (14155551212)

so in sip.conf, we have the register string;

register=14155551212:9876 at sipauth.deltathree.com/14155551212

and the context for the peer/friend

(a)
[iconnect]
type=friend
secret=9876
username=52671573
host=sipauth.deltathree.com
dtmfmode=inband
context = iconnect-in

(b)
[sipauth.deltathree.com]
type=friend
secret=9876
username=52671573
host=sipauth.deltathree.com
dtmfmode=inband
context = iconnect-in

(a) or (b) above will function as the incoming context for iconnect call.

As a side note, method (b) works for incoming calls from fwd.

Cheers

SW