[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and fwd

Arnold Ligtvoet asterisk at ligtvoet.org
Mon Dec 15 13:42:55 MST 2003

Shoval Tomer wrote :
>Hi, could anyone please provide a working sample of how to
>configure asterisk to connect to fwd?
>I've tried the one at www.loligo.com and it doesn't work.
>Not even when calling to  55555.

I presume you're looking at the asterisk console (ie. started asterisk with
option -vvvc) ?

>Can you advise on how to debug sip (or trace and view sip packets) from
>the asterisk server to fwd so we can try to understand what exactly is >not
working?

If the regisstration went correctly you should see 'normal' call behaviour
in your client, the client calls the number and thinks the call is
connected. Also you can issue : 'sip show peers'. It should give you
something like :
*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username    Host                 Mask             Port     Status
sipphone/xxxxxx  130.94.123.252       255.255.255.255  5060     Unmonitored
xlite            (Unspecified)   (D)  255.255.255.255  0        UNKNOWN
fwd/username     192.246.69.223       255.255.255.255  5060     OK (155 ms)

>Please be advised that our asterisk server is behind a NAT firewall.

I'm guessing you have succesfully opened the portranges needed in your fw
config? If so you also need the sip->nat patch by Leif Madsen. There has
been a topic for the last two weeks (subject : [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk
behind NAT << How to do it.). Look at this thread, install the patch and you
should be fine.

Arnold.