[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 lockups - any experiences?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Dec 15 07:25:05 MST 2003

Paul -
   Yes, your description is correct.

- moving the phone (no ethernet passthrough) results in no symptoms
- testing at the same location with no ethernet passthrough is not
possible during "real" traffic transport, since there's only one
ethernet in that cube
- comments about pingfloods: there is minimal traffic on this
network, and no pingfloods or other data directed at the Cisco phone.
Other phones of identical configuration on the same subnet/collision
domain/switch show no symptoms.

Interestingly, there was a followup post that talked about cell phone
radiation causing lockups on the poster's 7960.  There was an old
AT&T 7406 Plus phone located _directly_ next to the 7960 in question
in my circumstance.  I have since moved the 7406 away from the 7960;
let's see if perhaps that is the culprit due to spurious RF
interference.

JT