[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe: Zap channels don't ever disconnect. . .

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Dec 15 07:08:25 MST 2003

> Anyone know of a way of doing this when the scumbag ILEC won't give you
>   supervision?

I have this problem but with lines that DO disconnect supervision but a
channel bank (CAC Access Bank I) that doesn't.  It works fine 99% of the
time because the call is routed via IAX to my house and when *I* hang up it
falls through to the next line in the dialplan and hangs up the channel,
but if I don't answer it picks up another FXO line and dials my cell...
PSTN -> FXO -> * -> FXO -> PSTN...  what I did there was set
AbsoluteTimeout() to about 15 minutes.  I can't ever remember a cell call
lasting longer than about five.

It's not an ideal solution but until we get our PRI and DIDs it'll do for
me.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew