[Asterisk-Users] FWD and (multiple) internal IPs

Peter Zeltins peter at fintrading.com
Mon Dec 15 01:05:56 MST 2003

My Asterisk box also does NAT for internal network, and establishes site-to-site VPN tunnel(s). As a result I have several internal interfaces with private addresses on them, and only one public interface. By trial-and-error I've found out that FWD (SIP) won't work unless I disable my VPN tunnels - it would send the internal IP address to FWD's SIP server instead of public one. I assume "bindaddress" in SIP.CONF is what I need (bind only to public IP), but the problem is that my public IP is dynamic! Any ideas? Or have I missed something?

TIA,
Peter