[Asterisk-Users] DIAX, chan_capi and busy tone

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Dec 15 04:05:46 MST 2003

Hi,

This is something which must be implemented in the channel, not in the soft
phone,which then provide that info to the client (phone).

> 2) double ringing, i.e. first I hear the generated ringtone by IAX,
> after that the ringing tone generated by the phone company (or whoever
> is reponsible for the regular ringing tone when you wait for someone to
> pickup.)
If the channel is not answered, then you hear the DIAX tone too.
With X100, when the external line is dialed and connected (but not
answered), you will hear just the phone line ring tone.

> I know I can circumvent 2) by first answering the call with in the
> dial-out statement, but this seems to me to be the wrong way to go about
it.
This is standard for X100P. I do not know how chan_Capi works. It passed the
audio stream when connected and  not answered?

Best regards,
Dan