[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe: Zap channels don't ever disconnect. . .

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Dec 14 22:49:18 MST 2003

I was playing around with conferencing tonight.  I was able to place a
bunch of SIP phones and a couple of my Zap FXS phones into a conference.
  So I thought, "Let's see what it's like when people come in from outside."

So I called a friend and had him call in on one of my Zap channels,
WHICH IS CONNECTED TO MY POTS LINE THAT DOESN'T DO DISCONNECT SUPERVISION.

When he hung up the phone stayed in the conference room until I manually
destroyed the channel.

I had him call back and come into the conference again; this time we
tried a "#" tone at the moment he left, but that didn't do any good either.

I waited perhaps a half-hour to see if *any* kind of timer would release
the line, but no dice.

Anyone know of a way of doing this when the scumbag ILEC won't give you
  supervision?

Thx.

B.