[Asterisk-Users] FAX, IAX and *....Maybe I'm dreaming...:-)

ProvoCityPower jwilson at provocitypower.com
Sun Dec 14 10:50:37 MST 2003

The question asked here, "why on earth you want to push fax data over a VoIP link at
all. Fax compression isn't very efficient." may speak volumes about the future role of VOIP. My plans are to role out a VOIP connection to thousands of Customers. Many have legacy fax equipment. Am I to assume that they will toss out their fax equipment and join the PC based faxing crowd? I don't think I can control this. If I am going to offer an aternative to the legacy wire providers then I have to offer a comparable service. One that for example allows a customer to use a legacy fax machine in the same way.

If this thought sidetracks the intent of this thread, you have my apologies, but I do think that legacy fax functionality is essential.

Jeff