[Asterisk-Users] SIPURA Breaches Contract

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 11:58:27 MST 2003

Does this kind of stuff really belong here?  Heck for all
we know you guys did something dumb to make them mad at you
and they had good reason for their actions.

         Who knows, why should we care??

Someone here said you guys charged him _prior_ to
shipping an item.  If anyone charged me in advance
of shipment I'd blacklist them forever.

Again who knows what's up but the bottom line is one
sided rants and self defeating.  No one cares who's right
no one was any why to know either so arguemts are
pointless.

(Installing e-mail filters now to prevent flame war...)

--- " John Brown (CV)" <jmbrown at chagresventures.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Well I really didn't want to see things get to this point,
> but Sherman at Sipura along with their President Jan F.
> leave me no other choice.
>
> SIPURA has been provided a letter from our attorney for
> Breach of Contract and damages.  They have yet to respond.
>
> A quick background.
>
> 1. Sherman (SIPURA's Director of Marketing), stated that
> we would do a join press release for the Oct VoIP conference
> in Long Beach.  The day the release was suppose to go out,
> he decided not to do it. We had agreed to pay of half of the
> cost to get the release out.
>
> 2. SIPURA and Chagres negotiated a contract, where Chagres was
> to provide logistical support for sample sales of the SPA-2000.
> This contract was executed by SIPURA's President Jan F.
>
> One day after the contract was mutually executed, Sherman from
> Sipura, stated that instead of having us do the logistical support
> they would handle this within the company.
>
> The following day, I was advised by several ASTERISK list members
> that SIPURA had a company listed on their website doing order
> processing.  They asked if this was the "new company" we where
> forming to handle the VoIP hardware.  Upon review of both SIPURA's
> site and the "other company" it was clear that SIPURA had sourced
> this service to another firm, AFTER IT EXECUTED A LEGAL AND BINDING
> contract with us.  Chagres spent considerable time and money
> putting into place the requirements outlined in the contract.  Those
> efforts are now lost money
>
> 3. In conversations with SIPURA's President Jan F. he committed to
> having product available for us to pickup in Hong Kong on 1-Nov-03.
> When we contacted Sherman on 4-Nov to confirm pickup, Sherman would
> not commit to the order, pickup or anything else.  All he wanted was
> for us to pay them the money for the equipment and "then we can
> talk".
> SIPURA's President Jan F. has not returned any further phone calls.
>
> 4.  Sherman had agreed to provide us with leads for 50 some odd
> different
> companies that where looking for SPA-2000 product.  When we asked him
> again for those leads, he refused to provide them.
>

> In general, I beleive that the actions of SIPURA and its managment
> team have been less than honorable, they have damaged Chagres and
> have hurt our customers.
>
> Sipura has a simple and clear path to resolve this matter.  Honor
> the contract they signed with us.
>
> SIPURA has also further breached their agreement with us by removing
> us from their "Partners" page.
>

> I remain hopeful that SIPURA ownership and management will see
> the honorable course of action and live to the terms of the
> contract we executed.  Should they decide to continue to ignore
> us and our attorney's attemts to communicate we will take legal
> action in court.
>

> Sipura has a GREAT product, its sad to see that their management
> [...]

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550