[Asterisk-Users] Very small office install

Krunoslav Njers knjers at Myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 11 13:19:32 MST 2003

>> 1. I plan to buy some el cheapo (relatively, since VoIP phones are
>> still quite expensive here) "Planet" VoIP phones for internal
>> extension: http://www.planet.com.tw/product/product_dm.php?
>> product_id=192&menu_id=3
>> Anybody have experience with those and *?
>
> Interesting, I've never seen this one. Can you attach a price to
> this device?

My supplier quotes around 160$ plus VAT.

> Anyway, why do you want a phone with both IP and PSTN connectivity?

That is "the new version" so that's the one my supplier has on stock.
But, it is a nice feature, so the phones can be used as dumb devices
until I get * working.

> Afraid of your own courage? And why would you want to have a
> second, free PSTN jack apart from the one for your fax? :-)

Afraid of the time i'll need to set this up!   :)
The second jack would be handy if somebody need's to connect a laptop
to send a quick fax without printing, or maybe a TV sat receiver
which will need a POTS line for code updates.

> Personally I'd ride the hype and go for a hardware SIP phone (e.g.
> SNOM 105), not a H323 phone.

Hmm, I wonder if those are available here, but I doubt it. What is
the general difference between H.323 and a SIP phone? Any differences
for the end user, like better call quality, easier call transfer or
simplified management?

Thanks,
Kruno

--
        Krunoslav Njers   knjers at myrealboxdotcom   +385-98-353636
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound