[Asterisk-Users] Newbie introduction /* New subject */

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Dec 11 05:10:58 MST 2003

> What I would like to do now is to refresh the asterisk.org website. We
> need to add more visible pointers to where information can be found,
> adopt it to the crowd of new users that join our community all of the
> time. One special thing we have to add, is information on how an open
> source project works.

Wow I like this.  :-)  I agree, the current * website is a little ... bare.
Something without a lot of text but is very clear on certain aspects (what
* is, what it is not, what it needs, what you can do to get started in a
TDM environment, SIP environment, mixed environment, etc.) -- anything past
the basic what you need and what it is gets directed toward the wiki or
mailing lists...

That's a very good idea.  Especially a section on "This is not commercial
software, if you stomp your feet and demand assistance, you will be
ignored." -- point these people off to the commercial support for asterisk
and everyone's a winner.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew