[Asterisk-Users] Computing horsepower needed

Dustin Knuttgen dustin at automatedhorizons.net
Wed Dec 10 19:32:22 MST 2003

-- it
> > ain't gonna break the bank, it's gonna be easier to find and likely
be
> far
> > more reliable than that P90 you have in the back room that's been
> gathering
> > dust for the past 5 years.
>
> But... if you place yourself in the position of the newbie, where else
> could
> you ask given the "documentation" that truly doesn't exist (yet).
>
> Mark made the comment about a month ago that "asterisk is this best
kept
> secret" in the world. The flip side of that is jumping on every newbie
> that comes along and pissing them off enough to leave the list (and
the
> app). For those that have been around here for more then 30 days, you
> already know that's the nature of this list. If you don't like the
> questions,
> delete it and stop cluttering the list.

I really have to agree with Rich. I am a newbie. I have been reading the
lists and watching the IRC and doing what I can to learn.

The general feel that I get is a feeling of intolerance for people
trying to learn and understand. Is it intentional? Do the people in the
know not want anyone else to be part of a great app? Just wondering.
Please try to have some consideration for everyone and follow Rich's
suggestion, " If you don't like the questions, delete it and stop
cluttering the list."

I will continue to and use and learn because I think it is a great app.

Just my observations.

Thanks,
Dustin Knuttgen