[Asterisk-Users] Sendmail not on localhost

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 00:41:14 MST 2003

You would have to look at the code in the VM app.
and see if the hostname for the mail server is configurable.
Likely it is simply hard coded to "localhost" which would
send the mail to port 25 on the * sever.   In theory
the VM application _could_ use a remote mail server but it
would have to be written that way.

I'd prefer to run a local sendmail.  Ths means you have a local
queue and the mail gets handed off quikly even if your
other server is down or slow.

--- Ralf Illing <ralf at skex.com.au> wrote:
> Hi .
>
> I already set-up sendmail on another network server thus it would be
> nice to use that one or is sendmail on * server required!?
> I had a look in the archive but couldn't find any information where
> set the mail server from localhost to my network server .
>
> Cheers
> Ralf

=====
Chris Albertson