[Asterisk-Users] Sendmail not on localhost

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 9 23:49:16 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 22:47, Ralf Illing wrote:
> Hi …
>

> I already set-up sendmail on another network server thus it would be
> nice to use that one or is sendmail on * server required!?
>
> I had a look in the archive but couldn’t find any information where to
> set the mail server from localhost to my network server …

All you need is a sendmail equivalent. You need to install it to help
get mail off of your linux machine, but it doesn't need to accept mail
at all. You should be able to install sendmail/postfix/exim and just
turn off the port via /etc/inetd.conf. Just configure it to use a
smarthost of your mail server.