[Asterisk-Users] FXO cards

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Tue Dec 9 21:21:48 MST 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> > > Read the docs. 2 card maximum sane install.

that 2 cards limit was primarily meant for E400P or T400P, not the X100P
(not sure if it'd be IRQ dependent because both the X100P and the E400P
would take a single IRQ each, i think it was more a CPU thingy) ...

I've successfully put upto 5 X100P in one box, with no problems, and
sharing IRQ is no problem either (as long as youre not using archaic
XT-PIC and not sharing IRQ between two zaptel devices) with IO-APIC it
really makes a difference, or possibly I haven't tested it too much, but
it seems to be working for the last 4 odd months

 16:  159337325   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo
 17:  159338366   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo
 18:  159891316   IO-APIC-level  wcfxs, eth0
 19:  159336231   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo

if you've got a decent motherboard, give it a shot, it'd be fun to see 6
X100P in one box, but as others have rightly pointed out, that may not be
the most cost-effective route and you're getting into T1+cb territory

- wasim