[Asterisk-Users] FXO cards

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Dec 9 21:06:47 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 19:11, Barton Hodges wrote:
> asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 15:18, Michael Rowley wrote:
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> has anyone put 6 of the wildcat X100P cards in one machine?
> >> I am thinking about putting 6 in one machine, what is everyone
> elses
> >> experience
> >
> > Read the docs. 2 card maximum sane install.
>
> Can you point me to the documentation that states this?  If I need to
> connect 3 or 4 pstn lines, are my only choices to add another box and
> connect them via IAX trunking, or to wait for the 4-port FXO card?
> Does anyone know when the 4-port card will be released?

I don't have a link right off hand. What you move on to at this point is
a channel bank and at least a T100P card.  It doesn't take much growing
at that point for you to be in need of a T1 incoming. Having already
moved to at least a T100P card puts you down the road to preserving your
investment. Especially since the 6 FXO interfaces otherwise would have
cost you $600 anyways, and then you have to buy FXS ports or VoIP
phones.

As was mentioned before, this level of pbx is relatively more expensive
because you are just almost to the break even point for going all
digital. So while the step up from say a 2 port pbx is pretty fair, the
step up from the T100P to more lines ends up being just a trivial
configuration change.