[Asterisk-Users] FXO cards

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Tue Dec 9 20:43:37 MST 2003

Comments Inline

[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Sri
> Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 4:41 PM
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] FXO cards

> This maybe a stupid question.  Pardon me.
> I see everyone talking about purchasing the channel bank from ebay.
> 1. As a user who has never used ebay, are these used equipments ?

Some are, Others are not.

> 2. Are these reliable in terms of all ports working and all hardware
intact?

It depends on the auction.  There are no gaurantees, but most people will
either list any known problems or specifiy that the unit is sold as is.

> 3. Is there a huge price difference between purchasing it from a
authorized dealer and ebay ?

Most of the time

> 4. Or was this suggestion just because the system being setup for is a NPO
who like to save, even if it is a couple of dollors?

Not sure.

> 5. If we find some issues with it, can we return it for another ?

Could be, but there's always a chance of getting stuck with it

> 6. How far reliability becomes an issue in purchasing it from ebay or an
authorized reseller.

Once again, most people have good experiences or ebay wouldn't do so well,
but ther are no gaurantees. :)

> Cheers
> Sri

I think ebay is fine. I also think there are times to buy new equipment.  It
really depends on the circumstances and the needs of the person.  I guess it
comes down to what you feel comfortable with.

Sincerely,
Andy Hester