[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse for outbound dialing

Carl Youngblood carl at ycs.biz
Tue Dec 9 17:00:34 MST 2003

Thanks for your response.

Chris Albertson wrote:

>Non expert reply:  Yes it will do what you want.  You do
>not need to pay for the DID.  "Iconecthere" will let you
>make as many outbound calls as you want for a flat 2.5 cents
>per minute plus a small monthly fee.  Higher monthly fees
>buy you prepaid "free" minutes.   That $8.00 allows _inbound_
>calls from PSTN, not needed for outbound calls

Do you know if I can have my calls show up as any caller ID string that
I want?

>I can make multiple outbound calls at the same time BUT my
>DSL bandwidt quickly maxes out.  (I'm testing with home ADSL)
>and things go bad quickly.
>With a good megabit level line OR if you move your
>Asterisk server to a "co-location facitity" and use their
>100Mb/s connections you could make MANY outbound calls at once.

What about the G.729 codec?  From what I've heard it allows you to stuff
an analog call into 8 Kbps.  This would give you a theoretical maximum
of 80 simultaneous connections on a 640 Kbps DSL line.  I would expect
this to be much lower in practice, say 20 simultaneous streams, but
still, that's not bad.

Carl