[Asterisk-Users] some success with linux 2.6 and wcfxo

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Tue Dec 9 14:18:55 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:28, Dorian Gray wrote:
> one thing I have been wanting to try is simply undefine CONFIG_DEVFS_FS
> and either create the device nodes manually (a la the Makefile) or in
> devfsd.conf; just haven't had time to do it yet...
>
> cheers
> ++dg

You may want to look into what the mechanisms are in 2.6/DevFS to see
what is necessary to create the device nodes automagically.  DevFS has
been officially deprecated and will likely be removed in the 2.7 kernel
series.  udev is what will replace it and is a much simpler solution for
the dynamic creation.  That would serve as a great setup for the zaptel
hardware.