[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323 readme file

SW sathyaw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 09:00:57 MST 2003

Hi Brian,

I will first use the listed versions as you suggested. It is great if the
readme file is corrected. Instead of
"You first need the latest release versions of PWLib and Open H.323 from
...", it should read "You first need the LISTED release versions of PWLib
and Open H.323 from ...". Then poor newbies do not need to get RTFM'ed :).

Also please take a look at this posting;

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-cvs/2003-November/000498.html

So there were changes in mid Novemeber time frame. Most notably the
referance to G729 has been taken away. A big requirement to run Open h323
v1.11.7 was that the it was the last version with G729. So chan_h323 must
have been modified that it can now use G729 (if license is bought from
Digium) without depending on open h323.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

SW