[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2 and outgoint announcement

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 9 08:06:06 MST 2003

I have just added rules for working hours and have noticed some problems
with outgoing announcement using Voicemail2 and SIP.  For normal working
hours, I basically use the example macro-stdext and outside of working hours
I have a macro that has the first command as Voicemail2.  If someone calls
in after hours the Voicemail2 answers but the caller misses the first
part of the
announcement.  Reading the forums it appears that the voicemail app is
probably
ready to go before my gateway is ready to receive RTP.  Anyone have any
good solutions to this? Should I answer and wait a second or so to simulate
the ringing of phones?  Anyone have this working already without adding
silence
at the beginning of their message?