[Asterisk-Users] New to Asterisk need help with caller id

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Dec 9 06:53:25 MST 2003

James Schenck wrote:

> Even if I get no help from asterisk users I will get this to work I will
> just post how I solved the problems for the benefit of others who seek help
> and search the archives
> If you don't want to help new guys or you think I should just figure it out
> on my own you should just say so.
No need to be angry with us in that way, all of us help when we can. If we haven't
got the answer to a question, we simply wait for someone who can.

Sending out no-good messages saying "I can't answer you" will only burden the
list. And no one has an obligation to answer. Remember, this is an open source
project.

Nevertheless, congratulations on finding an answer!
You were the victim of the object syntax in Asterisk configuration files.
This is explained in the outdated Asterisk handbook in a good way. You first
enter the options, then define the object with the => construct. I did not
catch that.
I'll try to cover this in the wiki as well.

Thank you for delivering the answer to thet list, even if it was the answer
on your own question. If you have a more complete MGCP configuration we can
publish on the Wiki, please send it to me off list or update the wiki by
yourself.

Regards,
/Olle