[Asterisk-Users] "Phone Unprovisioned" Message in IP 7940 ?

tony banks tony_banks at rediffmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:21:09 MST 2003

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello all,

I am newbie to Telephony world (IP and PSTN). Please excuse me if you find my questions very dumb.

I am trying to configure my IP 7940 with the Asterisk, when phone boots up it only shows the message "Phone Unprovisioned" on the LCD panel.

Under Settings-->SIP Configuration-->Line 1 Settings I noticed that
Proxy Address is set the UNPROVISIONED, I am not sure why it is showing that though I did set proxy1_address: "`129.82.44.223" in SIPDefault.conf, which is my Astersik server.

Following SIP image is installed on the IP 7940.

Application Load ID
POS30203

My sip.conf has following lines added for the the Phone

[810]
type=friend
secret=pass
host=dynamic
callerid=JOSE <810>
defaultip=129.82.44.205

In my SIP<mac>.conf file I have made following entries

# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: "810"

# Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_authname: "810"

# Line 1 Registration Password
line1_password: "pass"

Do you see any problem here, Please let me know if I should give any more information.

Regards
Tony