[Asterisk-Users] Port density: DS3 cards?

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Fri Dec 5 11:47:09 MST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:58:44AM -0600, Andy Hester wrote:

> The guy did leave open the possibility that he could be wrong, and said that
> he'd be glad to answer any further questions or if we had some other way of
> doing it.  If you or some of the others think that this should be possible
> then perhaps we could get together a list of more specific questions to ask.

Did he have the impression that the idea was to terminate the voice
traffic on the box with the DS3, or just switch it out as IAX2 or
TDMoE?

My impression is that it should be a question of just dealing with
line timing and reading/writing bits, which is not all that different
from data.

But then again I am ignorant of the design and capabilities of these
cards...

-w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign