[Asterisk-Users] Channelbank Recomendation and GS102 question

Jim Flagg flaggj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 07:34:20 MST 2003

---- Original Message -----
From: "Ariel Batista" <abatista at avionica.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Channelbank Recomendation and GS102 question

> > > POTS plus data.

> > > getting this from?
> >
> > > I, too, would be interested in hearing from what vendor you are
> > > getting such a service.
> > >
> > > JT
>
> Just wanted to say our PRI provider here in South Florida has this Hybrid
> system too!  They are suppose to be offering this setup all over the US.
> There's is 6 voice channels and 512K Data!  There called Allegiance Telecom,
> Inc.  We have a full PRI from them.  But out sister company has there
> Hybrid!  Works great!

Yes, I am aware of these types of setups.  I have used http://www.cbeyond.com.
They are one of the few that dynamically vary the bandwidth between voice and
internet based upon how many calls are in progress.  If no calls are in progress
the whole 1.5Mb is available for internet connections.

The part that intrigued me was, "It terminates into a T100P", implying that there are
no channel banks between the ISP provided equipment and the T100P.  I strait
digital T1 connection.  It seems like this would require some modifications to Asterisk
and some coordination with the telephone/internet provider.  That's what I was
interested in.