[Asterisk-Users] Channelbank Recomendation and GS102 question

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Dec 4 21:56:08 MST 2003

i-55.net which is a regional ISP for Louisiana, Mississippi and maybe
one or two other nearby states provide us with a PRI (6 channels) and
384K internet service over a single T-1 line.  They provide the service
as a PRI and Ethernet Internet out of their Adtran channel bank.  We
asked for the service to be provided this way, I'm sure they could have
terminated both into our T100P if we had asked.  They are a small enough
company that they actually care about their customers, but large enough
to be an ISP and CLEC (their CLEC stuff is fairly recent) and provide
good service.

We've had the service for a week or two.  This is a new office for us
and it's not staffed yet.  There have been some annoying installation
and configuration issues, but they worked with us to resolve them
quickly.  The setup was not perfect, but if we had been using BellSouth
of one of the "big guys" we would not have had any of those issues
resolved by now.

When we added two additional channels for our PRI a couple of days after
it was turned up someone didn't map the channels in the local Adtran
unit and so those channels did not work.  Took 24 hours to resolve.
Since the office is not staffed we did NOT push for a fast fix.  They
took about 24 hours from the time we placed the order for additional
channels until they turned them up, then an additional 24 hrs to fix the
maping problem.  When I've dealt with RBOCS they spent at least two days
just blaiming our equipment before they even tried to fix the problem,
and that was with us ecsalating the issue with them.

I've been very happy with i-55.net.  Granted, they REALLY want to
contract for our other current offices so they are treating us well, but
I don't thing that is the major reason for our good support and service.
  They were priced less that most of the other companies I've worked with.