[Asterisk-Users] Port density: DS3 cards?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Dec 4 19:53:55 MST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Bob Knight wrote:

> Steve Dolloff wrote:
>
> >I would be seriously wary of putting a DS3's worth of voice traffic on a
> >TNT.  I don't believe they are rated to handle that much voice.  The
> >APX1000 would be a much better platform, but I don't know if you can
> >find one used.
>
> Skip the TNT's.  They are really a joke.
> I will admit, I am a bitter X-Livingston employee.
> First Lucent bought us for our cool gear, then they bought
> Ascend for sales and marketing......
> I still can't believe they kept the TNT alive and killed PM4.

The PM3 LIVES ON DUDE! :) I'm all about Livingson, and have refused to put
the Asscend stuff in my data center. Seriously, Jake over at
portmasters.com is doing some good stuff with the PM3. Now that we've got
control of ComOS, it is just a matter of time before new ComOS releases
start coming out for the unit. Several people have already rolled their
own and added a few niggling fixes to the 3.9.1c1 code branch.

It would be great if we could find a way to use the PM3 as an inbound
channel bank for Asterisk though. I have like 7 of them sitting in the
back doing nothing..