[Asterisk-Users] x100p/hangup detection issues?

Patrick Cantwell pat at insomnia.org
Thu Dec 4 18:09:14 MST 2003

Hi..
    I've got an asterisk setup with an X100P card installed.. I'm noticing that upon hangup, it takes a good 3 to 5 seconds before asterisk realizes the line has been hung up and drops the call.. this causes my SIP phone to continue ringing, and occassional phantom voice mail messages to be left.. I'm located in good old standard North America, with a regular Verizon residential POTS line coming in.  I've checked polarity on the line (easy way, reversed it, then the card refused to hang up no matter what), and am using kewlstart on the FXO port.  I tried changing to loopstart with no change in results. I've poked around some and haven't found anything terribly helpful yet, except for another person asking about the same thing :)  Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Pat