[Asterisk-Users] Does Asterisk overwrite any libraries?

Paul Oster devious at minot.com
Wed Dec 3 20:24:11 MST 2003

Looks like your box has been compromised.  Try

ls -l `which ps`

You'll probably find an inapropriate date.  Whenever I've diagnosed
problems like this, I've found badly installed rootkits.

To address this on my production machines, I'm going to insruct the
router to only allow traffic that is coming from trusted locations
to connect to the box anyplace.

I really hope I'm wrong about this Costas, but you should probably start
verifying your binaries.

If your machine has been compromised, a clean install, and patch with
all the updated RPMS is a recommended soloution.

Paul