[Asterisk-Users] Cisco and Asterisk 2621

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Dec 3 10:06:29 MST 2003

Ok here is a question that has gotten me stumped.  I have an Asterisk system up and running.  I need to connect it via the Internet to a Sip Cisco system.  This is what they have.  I have there IP address's and login. X-lite is able to connect to them and make a call! So I have the name right!

CISCO router model: 2621
VoIP module: NM-HDA-4FXS

I have done Google lookup and at the Wiki about this.  What I did get is the following from them.  Following in the SIP.CONF file.

register => name at 217.XXX.XXX.XXX:5060

This does not seem to work.

I have also tried at the extensions.conf a setting of.

exten => 380,1,Dial(SIP/name at 217.XXX.XXX.XXX)

I feel I have missed something some place or I just don't understand what to do!