[Asterisk-Users] Iax Client Library Issues? (DIAX, iaxComm, etc.)

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Dec 3 09:43:25 MST 2003

> The new versions of iaxcomm and DIAX are both now using the iax2
protocol.
> So in order to receive incoming calls on either of them in your
> extensions.conf file change IAX/clientname to IAX2clientname.  Then
you
> should be able to receive incoming calls on either iaxcomm or DIAX.
Also
> there is a mailing list for the iaxclient library.  It's
> iaxclient-devel at sourceforge.net.  Hope this helps.
> AJ

Thanks, but I already have the clients configured as IAX2 rather than
IAX.  The failure is not universal (not ALL calls are missed).  Rather
the client seems to "go to sleep" for some reason -- almost always after
handling a call.

I have been monitoring the process from both the Asterisk CLI (with IAX2
debug and IAX debug turned on), from Gastman (monitoring call activity),
and from a packet sniffer (unfortunately not Ethereal with the new
plugin).

I can see Asterisk attempting to signal the client.  Gastman shows the
client when the call is directed to it.  Better still, I see traffic
flowing on the IAX2 port when the system signals a new call.  The
client, however, doesn't seem to budge.  Nada.

I can, I suppose, add some trace code to the iaxClient library, but I
don't really know where to go in the code to get it to trace/log.  I
would like to place it as low as possible -- in the listener function,
then perhaps in the parser.

If anybody knows how to do this, please let me know.  My C coding skills
are fairly rusty.  Just point out the proper file and function(s) and I
will be on my way.

Thanks

Steve

P.S.  Sorry for the cross-post.  Just thought the iaxclient-dev list
might want to see this. --SMS