[Asterisk-Users] ArtDio equipment, anyone tested?

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 2 14:07:03 MST 2003

I would stay away.  I have evaluated these units and returned them.  I
determined that this
unit or one from them that fits this description was actually a unit
that you put between
your phone and your phone line (1 FXS & 1 FXO claim) and hook to the
ethernet.  This
unit would connect the FXS line to the FXO line for PSTN calls and would
connect the
FXS line to the VOIP connection for VOIP related calls.  You could not
have a VOIP
to FXO call or visa versa.  This is not a FXO line in my book but rather
a "life line".  Basically
it is an end-user toll bypass box meant for use with certain service
providers.  The next
cheapest solution which I am working with now are the MultiTech units.
These units are
about double the price and still are not great but they appear to work
for basic call.