[Asterisk-Users] IAX port numbers?

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Tue Dec 2 11:45:40 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Lawson" <matt at 1control.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] IAX port numbers?

> I see that when an Asterisk connects to another one via IAX, it seems to
> use port 4569 for the first one.  But if it has multiple IAX connections
> the additional ports seem to be chosen at random.
>
> Is there anyway to predict, or specify which ports or range of ports to
> use, for the sake of setting up a firewall?  Thanks.

I thought the origin of outbound connections were random, but the
destination was always the port of the service you're attempting to acquire?

Example: Opera to www.google.com
192.168.0.2:(insert next random port number) --> www.google.com:80

In this situation, any port would be valid going out of a firewall, if it's
going to an acceptable destination port.

-----
Andrew Thompson
NetResults, Inc.
(910) 215-9991 x301