[Asterisk-Users] PRI maintenance commands

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Mon Dec 1 18:58:58 MST 2003

At 05:21 PM 12/1/2003, you wrote:
>With multiple inbound PRIs (and hunting across them) coming to multiple
>[asterisk] servers it is important to be able to do administration, i.e.
>control which PRIs in the same hunt group take (and which don't take)
>calls from telco at any given period of time.
>
>Our pre-asterisk platform uses SERVICE commands for this purpose to put
>B-channels
>into 'out-of-service'/'maintenance' or 'in-service' state.
>
>What is (would be) the asterisk solution? The current libpri doesn't send any
>SERVICE commands, just acks the incoming ones.

Sounds like this could be extended to affect all * channel types. So, the
command "channel SIP/ernest quiesce" should have the same logical effect as
"channel ZAP/1 quiesce". Write this into the channel drivers and let them
take care of sending whatever up/down/quiesce/loopback/etc signals need to
be sent. Just a thought.

--Ernest