[Asterisk-Users] Call Announcement - How To ...

Kevin Bockman kbockml at techemail.com
Mon Dec 1 18:59:08 MST 2003

In article <bqg1ms$21b9$1 at enterprise.icus.com> you write:
|--- "Vledder, Hans" <Hans_Vledder at nl.compuware.com> wrote:
|>I would like to play an announcement to the user on what external line
|>a call came in, right before this call get bridged to this user. How
|>would I go about implementing this in * ?
|
|Use the A option to the Dial application:

|'A(x)' -- play an announcement to the called party, using x as file

>Have you gotten it to work?
>
>I haven't.

I haven't used it myself.  I saw the option on: show application dial

If it doesn't work for you, you may want to try pasting how you are using it and what happens.

I have sent the reply to the list.  To ensure that anyone else that may know the answer can assist, please do the same.

Kevin