[Asterisk-Users] PREPAID APPLECATION

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Dec 1 14:42:00 MST 2003

>>I would like to release prepaid application.
>>But I have a small problem, we are using their Cisco prompts (nice
>>lady voice)
>>And I do not know if it is ok to release it.
>>
>>Bart
>
>I will agree with the comments of others on this topic.
>
>You should _not_ include the prompts from Cisco.  That is almost
>certainly a copyright violation.
>
>For a very low price, you can have Allison Smith
>(http://www.theivrvoice.com/) re-record the prompts, as she is the
>person that did almost all the current Asterisk vocalizations
>(except for the tt-monkeys.gsm file: that was me.)
>
>JT

Warning: Making this type of announcement in a public forum
apparently attracts Cisco's lawyers, who will scan your site.

I received (less than two hours after posting this) a fax from
Cisco's legal department demanding that I remove the (unbeknownst to
me) "confidential" Cisco .pdf's from my web site, describing *XML
configuration of Cisco devices.  I have since complied, because I
respect Cisco's legal ownership of such documentation, but I find the
timing of their notice suspiciously close to my post on this list.

JT