[Asterisk-Users] door phone

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Mon Dec 1 07:46:34 MST 2003

For a door release, I have a cheap radio-shack device which is supposed
to light up a lamp when a phone rings.  Basically, it has a contact
which is activated by the ring signal on a telephone line.

I wired this up to the door release in the office, and have it hooked
up to our (non asterisk) PBX.  So, anyone can open the door by dialing
the extension.  The ringing itself opens it.

The radio shack doojigger was probably about 10 bucks.

-SteveK