[Asterisk-Users] app_queue behavior followup

Anton Yurchenko phila at dg.net.ua
Mon Dec 1 03:45:17 MST 2003

Anton Yurchenko wrote:

> Joe Dennick wrote:
>
>> I think you need to better define your Queue Environment in
>> extensions.conf.  Below is what I've got in mine, and it seems to work
>> quite well:
>>
>>     exten => s,1,Answer
>>     exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
>>     exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
>>     exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
>>     exten => s,5,Background(welcome)
>>     exten => s,6,Queue(tech-queue)
>>
>> The queue definitions in queue.conf should take care of keeping the
>> caller on hold until there is an agent available to take the call.

how can I build a queue envirnoment so that, caller calls, the queue
tries to reach the operators, and if they are all busy then it actually
does Answer plays a specified message and then stars musiconhold and the
caller is kept there until the queue times out.
the object is not to pick up the phone immediatly, or should I requeue
people again into the queue? like this:

exten => 101,1,Queue(q1) ; queue has a timeout of 15 secs

exten => t/101,1, Playback(all-busy)
exten => t/101,2, Queue(q2)    ; queue has a long timeout and musiconhold

--

Anton Yurchenko<phila at dg.net.ua>
Digital Generation