[Asterisk-Users] Conference without zaptel??

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Sat Aug 30 07:12:58 MST 2003

WipeOut . wrote:
> Am I correct in saying that conferencing does not work on a system
> that does not have a Digium board installed??

It doesn't work on a system that doesn't have a zaptel driver installed.
If you don't have any zaptel hardware, you can compile a dummy zaptel
driver which will let you do conferencing.

Download the zaptel module from ftp.asterisk.org (or cvs.digium.org).
Edit the Makefile - uncomment the ztdummy.o part in the MODULES line by
removing the hash in front of it.

make clean && make install the zaptel driver.

You might need to make sure you have the appropriate stuff in your
kernel, such as the USB UHCI support (not the alternative JE version).

depmod -a should give no unresolved symbols.

Install the ztdummy module with modprobe ztdummy. You can check it all
worked by going lsmod.

HTH,

--
Alastair Maw <al.maw at mxtelecom.com>